British-Uzbek Society is excited to invite everyone to the webinar on ‘Bukhara as a future hub of green environment and children’s role in raising ecological awareness in Uzbekistan’!
This webinar will introduce two exciting projects that are currently run in the ancient city of Bukhara (Uzbekistan):
- the EBRD-led community initiative project ‘Bukhara Eco Park’ which has already planted 1050 trees and 3,500 shrubs and
- the “Tulip and Moon” project – the first ever country-wide virtual competition of children’s ecological drawings! The best drawings, selected by the organisers, will be exhibited on the eve of Independence Day at the Embassy of Uzbekistan in London!
- Dr Louis Skyner, Chairman of the British-Uzbek Society
Welcome and Introduction
- Said Rustamov, HE, Ambassador of Uzbekistan to the United Kingdom
- Kamola Makhmudova, EBRD Senior Banker, the founder of Green Bukhara community initiative project
Green Bukhara community initiative: highlights, current achievements and future outlook
- Bakhodir Ergashev, Chief Editor of the ‘Civil Society’ journal
‘Tulip and Moon’ project: the concept and realisation of the project
- Akbarali Sodikov, ‘Navkiron Bukhoro’ projects coordinator
‘Tulip and Moon’ project: the project’s set-up and how we ensured democratic and transparent voting
- Children’s comments and views
Moderator: Rosa Vercoe, Communications Director of British-Uzbek Society
The webinar is hosted by British-Uzbek Society in collaboration with the Uzbekistan Embassy in London, EBRD, Bukhara’s khokimiyat and the Navkiron Bukhoro Centre for Humanitarian Research